CRG INTERNATIONAL PHD FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAMME
Applying for a PhD @ CRG
CRG PhD Positions are typically open between October and December each year and applications should be made via the Online Application Portal. Further information on how to apply is included in the page below, please read everything here carefully before applying.
Apply now to boost your scientific career in a center of excellence, backed by first class core facilities and a broad training portfolio in our multidisciplinary, international community. Fellows will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training and career development activities, phd symposia and retreats, as well as social activities.
In this call, we do offer up to 12 fully funded scholarships for international life sciences PhD students
Decide which two CRG Supervisors you are most interested in applying for. Successful candidates will carry out their research in one of the following scientific fields:
BAUD Lab - Big Data | Statistical Genetics | Social Environment | Gut Microbiome | Biomedical Phenoytpes | Rodent Models
BELTRAN Lab - Rare Diseases | Diagnosis | Genome Analysis | Phenomics | Metabolomics | Multi-Omics Analysis | Bioinformatics
BÖKE Lab - Metabolism | Protein Homeostasis | Mitochondria | Oocytes | Fertility | Ageing
COSMA Lab - Stem cells | Somatic Cell Reprogramming | Tissue Regeneration | Super Resolution Microscopy | Chromatin | Modelling| Gene Networks
FERRER Lab - Computational Regulatory Genomics | Genetics Diabetes Mellitus | Statistical Genetics | Mathematics
IRIMIA Lab - Evolution | Zygotic Genome Activation | Evo-Devo | Pan-Metazoan Transcriptomics | Transposable Elements | Gene Regulatory Layers
NOVOA Lab - RNA Modifications | Epitranscriptomics | Nanopore Sequencing | Single Cell Sequencing | Computational Biology | Molecular Biology | M6A
SABIDO Lab - Proteomics | Computational Proteomics | Analytical Chemistry |Mass Spectrometry | Machine Learning Bioinformatics
SEBE-PEDROS Lab - Gene Regulatory Networks | Evol. Biology | Animal Development | Transcription Factors | Single-Cell Transcriptomics | Comparative Genomics
SERRANO Lab - Synthetic Biology | Systems Biology | Computational Biology | Human Disease
SURREY Lab - Cytoskeleton | Microtubules | Motor Proteins | Self-Organization | Molecular Crowding | Phase Separation | In Vitro Reconstitution | Fluorescence Microscopy
VELTEN Lab - Synthetic Biology | Single-cell Genomics | Stem cells | Gene regulation | Genetic screens | Artificial intelligence
- 2 fellowships through the PROTrEIN "Innovative Training Network" (herein referred to as ITN Grants) to Sabido lab and to Beltran lab. Candidates for these positions must undertake trans-national mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- 1 fellowship through the ROPES "Innovative Training Network" (herein referred to as ITN Grants) to Novoa lab. Candidates for this position must undertake trans-national mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline.
- 1 fellowship through the circRTrain"Innovative Training Network" (herein referred to as ITN Grants) to Irimia lab in a joint project with Sebe-Pedros lab. Candidates for this position must undertake trans-national mobility, which means that candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the call deadline. The starting date of this position is February 1st, 2021.
- Up to 8 fellowships funded by the labs ( ERC grant, Proyectos I+D Excelencia/Retos” 2020 Call funded by MINECO (herein referred to as FPI-project Grants, CRG Cofe funding, etc.).
Selected PhD students will receive an annual work contract with a competitive salary that will be renewed annually for a maximum of 4 years ( 3-year contract for ITNs) following the applicable national regulations. All PhD students will receive full health and occupational insurance coverage and will be included in the Spanish Social Security System.
Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If it becomes clear before, during or after the evaluation phase that one or more of the eligibility criteria have not been fulfilled, the proposal is declared ineligible and is withdrawn from any further examination.
- The call is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows to start a PhD thesis in the candidate’s home country by October 2021. Candidates who expect to be awarded with such degree by October 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment for scientific research.
- Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English
- Candidates invited to previous PhD call interviews are not eligible
- Candidates performing their Masters at the CRG during the 2020/2021 academic year are not eligible
- Candidates may not have worked at the CRG for more than 3 months before the call deadline
In case of doubts about the eligibility criteria, applicants should contact the Academic Office (email@example.com) prior to submitting an application.
- Applications must be submitted online
- Candidates must register in order to use the online application system.
- The online application form requests all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (General information, Education, Coursework, Honours, scholarships, prizes and awards, research experience, scientific interests and reference letters.)
- If the academic transcripts are not in Catalan, Spanish or English applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above mentioned languages.
- Two reference letters will be automatically requested to the referees proposed by the candidate through the online system.
- Applicants should select a maximum of 2 labs in which they would like to work.
- Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline, including the reference letters. Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to the applicant.
Applicants who would like to receive the information of the call in an alternative format (e.g. large print, Braille, audio or hard copy), or who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on + 34 93 316 01 00.
The selection of the fellows will be based on the candidates' academic qualifications and research excellence.
- Pre-selection: The pre-selection will be based on the candidate's CV, reference letters and on the research interests. Complete applications will be reviewed within a month after the deadline.
- Oral interviews: Due to the current situation caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, we anticipate the possibility of conducting interviews in a virtual format. Full details regarding the interview process will be sent to invited candidates 4 - 6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Notification to candidates: Offers will be made to the successful candidates short after the interview period. Successful candidates would be expected to start the PhD latest by October 2021.
More details are included in the Call Text
For any additional information, please contact the CRG Academic Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org