Head of Core Facilities: Mònica Morales
|Mònica Morales, PhD
Head of Core Facilities
CRG-Centre for Genomic Regulation
Tel. +34 93 316 03 73
The Core Facilities constitute the centralized scientific research infrastructure at CRG and allow research scientists shared access to sophisticated and expensive technologies that would be hard or impossible for the Institute to provide to each research group independently. Besides the platforms available in house, additional technologies can be accessed at partner institutes of the core facilities excellence alliance Core for Life and EU-LIFE. Moreover, the CRG launched BioCores@BCN, a directory of the core facilities, technological platforms, and scientific services currently to be found in Spain. It is a tool for finding a wide range of cutting-edge and state of the art scientific services, techniques and equipment, to support both biomedical and life sciences research and the scientific community.
CRG Core Facilities are open to all researchers at the PRBB and also to external users anywhere in the world. They are meant to be a meeting point for scientists from different institutes and disciplines, to foster exchange and integration of expertise, and to create and conduct interdisciplinary projects. Additionally, the Core Facilities are central to the teaching infrastructure of the Institute. They organize courses and trainings for scientists in order to make them familiar with the technologies.
CRG Core Facilities provide:
- State-of-the-art technologies
- Expertise, advice, and training in sophisticated applications
- Highly qualified personnel in the application of key technologies
- Cost effective centralisation of equipment
- Quality standards and quality control
- Continuously explore new and emerging technologies including the accurate interpretation and representation of data
CRG Core Facilities operate according to the following principles:
- Each Unit is headed by a Unit Leader and supervised by a User Advisory Committee.
- Each Core Facility has a budget for technology development.
- Core Facilities operate according to full cost accounting principles. Costs of services are recharged to the users.