CRG INTERNATIONAL MASTER INTERNSHIPS PROGRAMME
The CRG offers a Master Internship Programme for excellent and motivated students that wish to do the Master Thesis @ CRG. Apply now to boost your scientific career in a center of excellence, backed by first class core facilities and a broad training portfolio in our multidisciplinary, international community!
Master students will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training, as well as social activities.
In this 2nd call, we do offer up to 7 internships for international life sciences Master students.
Decide which lab fits better your research interests. Successful candidates will carry out their Master Thesis in one of the following labs:
- DIERSSEN Lab - Memory Engrams | Single-Cell multiome | Down Syndrome | Alzheimer’s Disease | Neuronal Networks | Brain Clearing
- GEBAUER Lab - RNA Binding Protein | mRNA Translation | Cancer | Melanoma | Stress | Unconventional RBPs | Metastasis | Senescence
- LEHNER Lab - Genomics | Deep Mutagenesis | Machine Learning | Allostery | Cancer | Amyloids | Computational Biology | Clinical Genetics
- MAURER Lab - mRNA Localization | Neuronal Transport | Motor Proteins | RNA binding proteins | Single-Molecule Imaging | Protein & RNA Biochemistry | Biophysics
- RUPRECHT Lab - Cell Migration | Cytoskeleton | Morphogenesis | Mechanobiology | Biophysics | Microscopy
- SEBÉ-PEDRÓS Lab - Evolution | Cell Type Programs | Symbiosis | Comparative Genomics | Single-Cell Biology | Environmental Genomics | Biodiversity
- STROUSTRUP Lab - Aging Physiology | Complex Systems | Modelling | CRISPR | Functional Genomics
- VELTEN Lab - Single Cell Transcriptomics | CRISPR Screens | Hematopoiesis | Gene Regulation
- WEGHORN Lab - Cancer Genomics | Somatic Mutation Analysis | Population Genetics | Selection Inference | Mutation Models | Statistical Testing
Master internship holders will be supported with a monthly fellowship of 600€ for the duration of the Master Thesis (maximum 6 months) and will actively engage in scientific and social activities of the chosen group and have regular advisory meetings with their mentor. Master students will benefit from an exciting international scientific environment and an integrated training programme, including access to state of the art infrastructure, lectures and seminars, specialised scientific and technological courses, complementary skills training, as well as social activities.
We encourage highly motivated, outstanding candidates that hold a Bachelor degree in biological sciences, physics, biophysiscs, mathematics, computer sciences or a related subject to apply for the CRG International Master Internship programme. Premise of being awarded with a Master Internship is the registration and admission to an official Master Programme of their choice. Furthermore, all candidates require excellent written and spoken English skills (B2 level).
Application for the CRG International Master Internships Programme is possible from June 30 – October 31, 2021 for Master students enroled in a Masters programme in the academic year 2021/2022.
Applications must be submitted online. Candidates must register in order to use the online application system.The online application form requests all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (General information, education, transcripts, honours, scholarships, prizes and awards, english certificate,scientific interests and 1 reference letter.)
All candidates will be pre-selected in November 2021, based on the online profile and submitted documents. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed online in November 2021. Admitted students can start their Master Thesis from January/February 2022 for a maximum period of 6 months.
For additional information, please contact the CRG Academic Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org