5th BCN Science Slam
5th BCN Science Slam
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) will organise, in partnership with the Marie Curie Alumni Association (MCAA), the 5th Barcelona Science Slam, which will take place on Friday 8th February at 8 pm in Bar Mau Mau (Fontrodona 35, 08004 Barcelona). The winner will be invited to present his/her research at the General assembly meeting of the Marie Curie Alumni Association in Vienna on the 24/25th of February 2019.
Barcelona Science Slam encourages PhD students and postdoctoral researchers to participate, providing an exciting opportunity to learn about a broad range of scientific fields and to bring their research closer to society. Science Slam is a science communication contest where up to 8 scientists explain their research projects in 5 min engaging, clear and fun talks. You can see some examples of previous editions of the Barcelona Science Slam here.
Are you a PhD student or postdoc at research centre or university? Then sign up to become a science slammer by
- Attending a free 2-day science communication workshop
- Sending us a 1 minute video describing your research project (deadline 31st January 2019)
Option A: Attend a free 2-day interactive science communication workshop to prepare you for the slam and boost your science communication skills
When: 6th and 7th of February 2018 from 9:15 to 17:00.
What will you learn?
- How to communicate your complex research projects to the general public
- How to bring your science to life using simple, but strong storytelling techniques and metaphors.
- Tools to leave your audience spellbound; be it when you are giving a talk or simply explaining your research to your friends or family members
- You will also learn how to deal with a stage fright when presenting to a bigger crowd of people.
Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)
Dr. Aiguader, 88
The number of participants is limited to 20.
Registration deadline: 31st January 2019
Option B: Apply directly for the science slam
You can also directly apply for the science slam (without attending the science communication workshop) by uploading a one-minute video of you describing your research project by 31st January 2019. You will be notified by 1st of February if your slam has been selected for the slam in bar Mau Mau.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org