INPhINIT “la Caixa” Doctoral Fellowships Programme
CRG Presents 10 Research Proposals for Incoming ”la Caixa” Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships
This frame is addressed exclusively to PhD research projects on STEM disciplines: life sciences and health, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Ten early-stage researchers have the opportunity of starting a top scientific career in the CRG, Severo Ochoa Centre, under the ”laCaixa” Doctoral INPhINIT Incoming Fellowship programme, and boost the chances of obtaining an independent research position worldwide. Promoted by the ”la Caixa” Foundation, this doctoral fellowship programme offers 35 PhD fellowships to support the best scientific talent and foster innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal, in the fields of technology, engineering, physics, mathematics, life and health sciences.
Our institution offers ten PhD positions in the following research projects:
- VELTEN Lab - Project: Clonal dynamics of human hematopoiesis during ageing and premalignancy
- BÖKE Lab - Project: Investigating strategies by which oocytes evade ageing - PhD student
- GEBAUER Lab - Project: CSDE1 in melanoma malignancy: mechanisms and druggability
- MARTINEZ Lab - Project: Quantitative basis for context-dependency in cellular decision-making
- SEBÉ-PEDRÓS Lab - Project: Investigating the phylogeny and function of animal transcription factors to understand cell type evolution
- AL JORD Lab - Project: Mechanical regulation of nuclear biomolecular condensates and RNA-processing in somatic cells
- RODRIGUEZ Lab - Project: Mechanistic analysis of SVs and their transcriptional consequences via long-read multiomics
- MARTIN Lab - Project: Realistic computational models of genotype-phenotype maps and evolution
- DIERSSEN Lab - Project: Understanding interneuronopathy in Down syndrome (INTO-DS) / PhD student
- DIAS & FRAZER Lab - Project: Predicting the effect of genetic variation using probabilistic machine learning, for health and conservation of biodiversity
In addition to financial support —the programme offers a 4-year employment contract at the research centre; the fellowship includes a training programme in transversal skills such as technology transfer, entrepreneurship, commercialisation of innovation, intellectual property, leadership, creativity, communication, teamwork, personal development, planning, assertiveness and networking.
More Information and Application:
Programme rules - Doctorate INPhINIT Incoming (PDF)
INPhINIT La Caixa Website
Retaining ”la Caixa” Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships
All the CRG labs are open to host candidates through the Retaining frame. APPLY HERE
Deadline for submitting applications 15 February, 2024.