INPhINIT “la Caixa” Doctoral Fellowships Programme
CRG Presents 10 Research Proposals for Incoming ”la Caixa” Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships
This frame is addressed exclusively to PhD research projects on STEM disciplines: life sciences and health, experimental sciences, physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Ten early-stage researchers have the opportunity of starting a top scientific career in the CRG, Severo Ochoa Centre, under the ”laCaixa” Doctoral INPhINIT Incoming Fellowship programme, and boost the chances of obtaining an independent research position worldwide. Promoted by the ”la Caixa” Foundation, this doctoral fellowship programme offers 35 PhD fellowships to support the best scientific talent and foster innovative and high-quality research in Spain and Portugal, in the fields of technology, engineering, physics, mathematics, life and health sciences.
Our institution offers ten PhD positions in the following research projects:
- MALHOTRA Lab - Project: Collagen and mucin overproduction and fibrosis
- SDELCI Lab - Project: Decoding the role of nuclear metabolism in cell cycle progression
- VALCARCEL Lab - Project: How do cancer cells become addicted to splicing perturbations?
- BÖKE Lab - Project: Mechanisms by which oocytes evade ageing
- RUPRECHT Lab - Project: Mechano-control of tissue patterning and multi-cellular selforganization in the embryo
- STROUSTRUP Lab - Project: Ph.D in Complex Causality in Aging
- BAUD Lab - Project: PhD student in the Social and Host-Microbiome Systems group
- DIAS & FRAZER Lab - Project: Predicting the effect of genetic variation using probabilistic machine learning
- PIA Lab - Project: Studying chromatin structure and 3D genome folding using super resolution microscopy
- VERNOS Lab - Project: Studying the role of spindle post-translational modification in aneuploidy and cancer|
In addition to financial support —the programme offers a 3-year employment contract at the research centre; the fellowship includes a training programme in transversal skills such as technology transfer, entrepreneurship, commercialisation of innovation, intellectual property, leadership, creativity, communication, teamwork, personal development, planning, assertiveness and networking.
More Information and Application:
Programme rules - Doctorate INPhINIT Incoming (PDF)
Retaining ”la Caixa” Doctoral INPhINIT Fellowships
All the CRG labs are open to host candidates through the Retaining frame. APPLY HERE
Deadline for submitting applications 16 February, 2023.