Mission, vision and values
The CRG is an international biomedical research institute of excellence whose mission is to discover and advance knowledge for the benefit of society, public health and economic prosperity.
- To be a world leading centre in biomedical science, by providing our scientists with a stimulating environment, cutting edge technologies and the freedom to conduct the most innovative research.
- To communicate and establish a bi-lateral dialogue with society, by engaging the public and taking into account their demands and needs.
- To provide multi- and inter-disciplinary training for the next generation of scientists as well as supporting science education.
- To translate new scientific knowledge into benefits for health and value for society.
The CRG believes that the medicine of the future depends on the groundbreaking science of today. This requires an interdisciplinary scientific team focused on understanding the complexity of life from the genome to the cell to a whole organism and its interaction with the environment, offering an integrated view of genetic diseases.
- Scientific independence
- Integrity, ethics and social responsibility
- Equal opportunities
- Sustainability and transparency