Our mission is to create a professional and supportive environment for world-leading research providing dedicated, timely and effective services to the scientific community.
The main responsibilities of the Administrative Director, Joan Vives, as set in the CRG bylaws, include:
- leading, implementing and supervising the activities of the Administration
- formulating the CRG annual budget for the approval by the Board of Trustees, and executing and controlling the approved budget with sound financial management
- providing support to the Director for attracting the necessary funds to meet the institute’s goals
- administrating and safeguarding all of CRG´s assets (both financial and physical assets, including facilities and equipment)
- assuming contractual responsibility for all personnel matters
- ensuring compliance with applicable legal regulations
- implementing improvements for administrative policies, processes and tools
- liaising with the Board of Trustees and governmental institutions
The Administration includes the following departments:
Note that the Technology and Business Development Office (TBDO), the International and Scientific Affairs Office, the Training and Academic Office, and the Communications & Public Relations report to the Director (rather than to the Managing Director) but work in close collaboration with the above-mentioned departments.