Advanced Light Microscopy Unit
- Unit page
- Fees and others
- Unit members
Head of the Advanced Light Microscopy Unit
CRG-Centre for Genomic Regulation
Tel. +34 93 316 03 72
2000 PhD in Biology at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich
2000 EMBO Short Term Fellowship at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg
2001-2006 Senior Technical Officer at the Advanced Light Microscopy Facility, EMBL, Heidelberg
2007- Head of the Advanced Light Microscopy Unit at the Centre for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona
It is the aim of this unit to provide instruments covering the whole application spectrum of advanced light microscopy and to make them available to researchers from the CRG as well as for visitors from other research institutions.
As Core Facility for light microscopy, the unit provides a number of advanced light microscopy systems, equipment for sample preparation and maintenance prior to imaging and resources for the subsequent processing of the image data.
The staff assists researchers in the experimental planning of light microscopy experiments and provides the in-depth training for the operation of the microscopes and for specific imaging techniques. Additionally, support is provided in the processing, rendering and analysis of the acquired datasets. If needed, custom analysis routines will be designed.
The Head of the Service is Timo Zimmermann. For any further information, please click here.
- Super-resolution microscopy (Stimulated emission depletion, STED; Stochastic Optical Reconstruction Microscopy, STORM; Ground State Depletion, GSD)
- Two photon microscopy
- Confocal microscopy
- Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence (TIRF) microscopy
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy
- Automated widefield imaging
- Environmental control for in-vivo imaging:
- Image processing and analysis
Advanced Light Microscopy Unit Video