CRG Summer Internship Programme
3rd Summer Internship Program for Undergraduate Students
- Description of the Programme
- Eligibility criteria
- Application Process
- Participating Research Groups
- Call calendar 2015 selection round
- Related documents and pages
The Center for Genomic Regulation (CRG) launches the 3rd Summer Internship Program to provide undergraduate students with the opportunity to conduct summer research at the CRG. The goal of the program is to encourage students, from any nationality, in the pursuit of a scientific career and to introduce them to an international laboratory experience.
A maximum of 8 internship positions will be awarded in 2015.
The programme runs from June 1st to October 30, 2015, and is open to undergraduate students of any nationality who are in their final two years of studies in the Life Sciences or related subjects (e.g. Bioinformatics, Biomedicine, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Chemistry).
The student will be working under the supervision of the group leader or a senior member of the research group.
- Undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research (prior lab experience is highly recommended)
- Two full years (four semesters) of college course work completed by the time the internship commences
- Not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship (Summer 2015)
- High level of English
Positions will be awarded on a competitive basis taking into consideration the student’s academic records and the motivation & reference letter(s).
Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background.
The summer training will consist of 320 working hours (40 hours/ week), distributed over the summer period - (8 weeks) from June 1st to October 30, 2015. The internship start date is left to the discretion of the researchers and the students. The intensive nature of the program requires a full-time commitment from the participant. Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities.
Applications for the CRG Summer Internship Program are accepted exclusively online through our online application system. Candidates must prepare their online application in English.
The application will include the following information:
- The registration form duly completed
- Your most recent academic transcript, which should include the title of the courses you have completed thus far and the grades you received.
- Description of your interest for life sciences research, what you hope to gain through your participation in the CRG Summer Internship Program, your vision of what the summer internship will benefit you on a personal and academic level, and the reasons behind your choice.
- One reference letter. Once you have completed the name and contact details of the referee(s) on the online application system, the referee(s) will receive an automatic email and will be invited to send the reference letter via email to the following adress : firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified by email each time a new reference letter is received for your file.
All the information must be submitted by the application deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Online Application Form
Non - residents in the Barcelona area by the time of application.
- 1 return ticket to the student’s place of residence
- Meal vouchers for the 8-week period
Residents in the Barcelona area by the time of application
- Meal vouchers for the 8-week period
From this stipend, students are responsible for their own housing.
If the student’s university does not provide medical insurance, the CRG will provide medical and accident insurance for the trainnig period.
Participation in the Summer Internship Program does not imply any contractual relationship between the beneficiary and the CRG.
If the student, for any reason, voluntarily withdraws or interrupts the program, any unduly received payments must be returned
At the end of the program, the students will prepare a final report in collaboration with his/her CRG supervisor.
For this call, the CRG Research Groups & Core Facilities that have expressed interest in hosting a student are:
|Fyodor Kondrashov||Evolutionary Genomics|
|Jerome Solon||Biomechanics of Morphogenesis|
|Manuel Mendoza||Coordination of Cytokinesis with Chromosome Segregation|
|Mara Dierssen||Cellular & Systems Neurobiology|
|Matthieu Louis||Sensory Systems & Behaviour|
|Miguel Beato||Chromatin and Gene Expression|
|Luis Serrano||Design of Biological Systems|
|Pedro Carvalho||Organelle biogenesis and homeostasis|
|Sebastian Maurer||Cytoskeleton dependent RNA distribution mechanisms|
|Vivek Malhotra||Intracellular Compartmentation|
|Call opening||March 10, 2015|
|Call deadline||April 17, 2015|
|Pre-selection of candidates||April 20-27, 2015|
|Notification to candidates||April 28-30 ,2015|
|Start date of internships||June 1, 2015|
|End date of internships||October 30, 2015|
For any additional information, please contact:
Centre de Regulació Genòmica
Dr. Aiguader, 88