Head of Core Facilities: Mónica Morales
Mónica Morales, PhD
Head of Core Facilities
CRG-Centre for Genomic Regulation
Tel. +34 93 316 03 73
While CRG Internal Scientific Services are accessible only to CRG researchers, CRG Core Facilities are open to all researchers at the PRBB and also to external users anywhere in the world. They are meant to be a meeting point for scientists from different institutes and disciplines, to foster exchange and integration of expertise, and to create and conduct interdisciplinary projects. Additionally, the Core Facilities are central to the teaching infrastructure of the Institute. They organize courses and trainings for scientists in order to make them familiar with the technologies.
The Core Facilities and Internal Scientific Services have been established to:
- Provide cost effective centralisation of technologies and equipment
- Provide access to sophisticated technologies that would otherwise not be available to individual research groups
- “Free-up” research groups from the burden of time consuming established technologies
- Continuously explore new and emerging technologies including the accurate interpretation and representation of data
- Achieve higher usage through sharing of sophisticated and expensive instruments
- State-of-the-art technologies
- Quality standards and quality control
- Expertise, advice, training, reagents and protocols
- Repository of expertise and know-how
- Highly qualified personnel in the application of key technologies
- Centralised equipment for researcher use
- Each Unit is headed by a Unit Leader and supervised by a User Advisory Committee.
- Each Core Facility has a budget for technology development in collaboration with CRG Research Groups.
- CRG Core Facilities operate according to full cost accounting principles. Costs of services are recharged to the users.
- CRG Core Facilities are open to external users.